Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      bubbles
      Participant

So all you that know me i grew up with a narc mum and had 2 abusive relationships.

So my dads been called into hospital with “end of life” type symptoms. my mum is not visiting him she’s not taking him bare essentials and she’s not telling my sister or I anything! My sister was and still very much is the golden child she’s just called me upset about my mums behaviour which is the first time ever!!! I’v told her i will speak to our mum to find out whats going on and demand answers.

This is all very upsetting for many reasons

My dads lying in hospital alone probably feeling like nobody really cares!!

She’s swanning about like nothings happening!!!

The two adult daughters have a right to know!!!! we are his blood!!!

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Bubbles,

Your mother is monopolising and using as a weapon to hurt you an event which is massive in your life.

She has no right to prevent you from seeing your dad or gaining information about his condition.

Are you able to go and visit with a lovely bag of essentials?

It is good that your sister can see how awfully your mum is behaving. It is at important times like this that a n********t’s mask will often fall.

Xxxx

Daisy
      Participant

Enquire direct to the hospital bubbles,
      Your his daughter, so immediate family so I can’t see a problem with them telling you how he is today if you phone, and look after yourself too lovely, we are here for you
      X x x x

bubbles
      Participant

Thankyou

Iv managed to see him and my mother and i asked her about why she’d done what she had done. She said there was nothing to tell us (only the fact he’d had a stroke). Doesn’t excuse the fact she was swanning about and not visiting him either!!

It would be nice to see my sister pull away and maybe a major life event would do that! She’s extremely selfish and treats very few people with any respect but she has no independence whatsoever all most likely due to her upbringing. Its sad and just shows me which out of the scapegoat and goldenchild has the better life in the end!

I will do that next time and call directly it’s the difficult part the divide and conquer of the narc parent i don’t believe i have any rights or importance in a family members lives. sad really x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content