Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Chunky munky
      Participant

Hi everyone this may seem a bit of a strange one , I’m quite new and honestly don’t know where to start or how to even explain everything , I just know I need to talk to people or somebody so I know I’m not going mad x

nbumblebee
      Participant

Hey.
      No pressure here we all get it.
      Talk if you want to.
      Read posts on here sometimes it helps to open up once youve read a story thats maybe similar to yours. Honestly here you are definatly not alone and nothing shocks or offends so speak as free as you are able just avoid names dates and anything that may give away personal details as admin has to delete these to keep you safe.
      Whatever you want or need to say we will all listen I can lromise you that.
      When you are ready sweetie we are here. Xxxxxxx

Chunky munky
      Participant

Thankyou ,
      I just feel like I’m going insane , my partner just constantly puts me down , calls me names horrible names , shouts at me or starts an argument then turns round and says he sick of me starting on him again ! I don’t know how to explain it , or if things are brought up in general conversation he’ll turn round and say that’s not what happened … I’m sure you imagine things when I know full well these things happened or were said to the the point he’ll shout and say so I’m a liar?? You accusing me of lying because if you are watch what happens ,to the point I’m questioning my own mind ! he’s never been violent but this has been getting more and more over the years to the point it’s blown up so much this last week that I told him to leave he refused , told me he’d smash my car up and ring social services on me , and he’s been awful everyday accusing me of being a bad mother lazy etc ,if I say no to intimate things I’m accused of having somebody else or not loving him to guilt trip me , there’s so much more aswell I’m just at such a loss I just don’t know what to do

nbumblebee
      Participant

Well done for sharing takes alot of courage. You are in a safe space here we get it.
      He sounds like alot of our other halves on here so yeah we get it he knows what he is doing he is trying to make you feel crazy unhinged i dont know why they do it but they do.
      It is an evil nasty way of control. You doubt yourself your own mind you feel crazy.
      There are some amazing women on here that will come along with some incredable advice Im still in the thick of it so am not much use but I can listen and I most definatly understand. Id start with writing things down somewhere safe set up a email account but dont save it on your phone just log into it everytime then you can email yourself write everything down what he called you what date time what he says does everything it will help you see that this is him that you are not going crazy. Write it on here to us just write it down somewhere. Safely go online google abuse google gaslighting read. Arm yourself with as much information as you can cope with.
      Theres an incredable lady on here called KIP.
      Knowledge
      Is
      Power
      The more you know the more you understand the better and harder you can fight for yourself for a life you so deserve.
      When you are ready there are helpgroups helplines out there that can help you also.
      Baby steps sweetie youve come here which is huge youve talked and shared again a huge deal so well done for that.
      Take your time we are here. Xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content