Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Truthteller
      Participant

Hi, I am looking for advice on where to go for help. I called women’s aid and they gave me the helpline number for my local DV group but they never answer the phone. I found a local charity who offer free places on the freedom programme but it’s at a time I can not do. I feel like I am in a trauma bond and need to talk to someone to try and reprogramme my brain. I seem mentally incapable of leaving even though I think it would be better for my children (one of the things I am confused about). I’m struggling so much.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Is it possible you could talk to ur gp? He might be able to direct you in the way of resources?

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Truthteller, do you have a local Citizens Advice Bureau? I found them helpful xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Truthteller,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post. I hope you find the forum a safe and supportive place to be with others who understand.

I’m sorry that you’re having so much difficulty getting in touch with your local domestic abuse service. You should be able to call and speak to someone on the phone, but there may be other contact methods, like email. You could check our service directory to see if there are any alternate contact methods or numbers to try.

The suggestions already offered by determinedtobhappy and Hereforhelp are really good. Lots of women open up to their GP for support and Citizens Advice should have information on local services.

The Freedom Programme also run the course online, so that might be something to look into if you’d be able to access it safely. Bloom also provide online courses, these are developed in partnership between survivors and mental health professionals and are based around recovering from trauma.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa
      (Forum Moderator)

Wanttogetbetter
      Participant

Hey I just want you to know you’re not alone I’m in a trauma bond too and know for a fact I’d be a better mother if I left yet I physically can’t it’s impossible. Here if you want to chat x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content