Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

There is a drop in this afternoon at my local women’s aid. Tha2n there isn’t one for another week. I keep putting o8f going because I don’t know what I’d say. I’ve had an awful morning.
      But I just don’t know what I want from them or what they could offer. And I’m so downcast at the moment.

It’s so many years since I left my ex. I know I than had this stupid ‘relationship’ that I can’t even talk about, where there was abuse.

Would they put me on their counselling wairing list?

Ifeel like such a bad parent at the moment.

x

Beenherebefore
      Participant

Hi Eve1

If you are feeling low, it might end up lifting your spirits and giving you back some control of your life. They wont make you do anything you don’t want to, they are there to help however you need that (and help will be different for everyone).

How pleased and proud would you feel if they can support you?

Also, what have you got to lose if you go along? You wont know if you don’t try hun.

I am only speaking from the fact that WA gave me the tools to get my life back on track and take control again. Be brave x

Eve1
      Participant

Thank you. You’re right , I’ll try. I not then there are a couple of nearby places later in the week.

xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Eve,

How did you get on this afternoon?

Best wishes,

Lisa

Eve1
      Participant

Hi Lisa, I didn’t go. I just felt I would cry and not make any sense. Also it’s in a quite public sort of a place. I just didn’t feel brave. If I want to try again there’s always next week. Or another day this week there’s one in a nearby town.

I can talk so easily on here. It’s hard face to face.

Thank you for your support. It gives me a little bit of hope that I’ll try again.
      x

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Hi Eve1,

Don’t worry, it’s important that you take things at your own pace and ask for support when you’re feeling up to it. You could give them a call to find out what support they can offer, if you would rather do that than drop in.

I’m glad you feel able to talk on the forum- we are always here!

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content