Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #129601

      So my ex partner has said to me that i have (detail removed by moderator)  write and copy an agreement he gave me and (detail removed by moderator).
      I told him about a family thing and he already said (detail removed by moderator)…. Now he said (detail removed by moderator)
      Every time he call me he always (detail removed by moderator) and how i wont be able to see my child again and he will make sure of it… My child has never been in any danger with me.
      He has taught her how to do (detail removed by moderator) and he finds it funny and his girlfriends kids are still encouraging it despite me saying no its wrong.
      He also states that  (detail removed by moderator) despite me having a family member taking their life due to mental health).
      Ive got messages from him and call recordings of him calling me (detail removed by moderator), also calls of him testing me and speaking over me making me scream and shout and saved messages of him coming over to mine and sleeping with him deapite him having a girlfriend (detail removed by moderator) as if it was me i wouldn’t want to carry on sleeping with someone who i blame for my mental health)
      Is this mental absue? Shall i go to the doctors about it so i can have it on record (detail removed by moderator)? Or shall i give in and write the stupid agreement?

    • #129620
      Wants To Help

      Hi there,

      A lot of your information has been redacted, but reading between the lines I’m understanding that you are being coerced in to signing some sort of agreement that you don’t want to. I can’t tell if this is legally binding at all or something that he has come up with, but please, please DO NOT sign ANYTHING that you are not comfortable with.

      This man is mentally abusing you. He is mocking you, tormenting you, threatening to take your child away amongst other things. This isn’t the behaviour of a loving and caring partner who treats you as an equal. You also mention he has a girlfriend? So even more evidence that he’s a user and abuser!

      Rather than signing anything that is going to commit you to something further with this man you need to take steps to distance yourself from him. Take steps to protect you and your child from this unhappiness and unease he is causing you. Have a Google for the details of your local Domestic Abuse Support Service in your town and give them a call to discuss this further and seek some advice and help. Keep reading this forum and posting too. Unfortunately, due to the moderator’s having to remove certain information we will be unable to help you with the specifics of this agreement, which is why it is important you speak to someone and get appropriate advice that is pertinent to it.

      Let us know how you get on,

      Good luck x

    • #129638
      Main Moderator

      Hi Scaredmumof1

      I am sorry to hear about your situation, I can see that Wants To Help has given really good advice about not signing anything you are not comfortable with.

      Yes it would be a good idea to speak to your GP and have this on record. You could speak to social services too about your concerns especially as he is teaching your child inappropriate things. It may also help to get some legal advice.

      Rights of Women are a voluntary organisation offering free, confidential legal advice on matters including family law, domestic abuse, children and child contact issues. Rights of Women are available on 0207 251 6577. They also have a website at

      The Coram Children’s Legal Centre is a unique, independent national charity concerned with law and policy affecting children and young people. They offer legal advice and representation to children, their carers and professionals throughout the UK. They can be contacted on 0300 330 5480, 8am – 6pm, Mon – Fri.

      Take care and please keep posting,


Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account