Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bubblegum
      Participant

Hi ladies .Ive gone no contact past few months with my Ex partner.We have two kids together due to his behaviour he used to see them through there activities i.e. Swimming etc .Things came to head few months back due to his behaviour police were involved .Police told him if he wants to see kids properly to take correct action properly .( something I know he never would ) .Anyway couple days ago out blue he turned up out blue to watch one kids doing one of his activities.He kept away spoke to one two parents .Towards the end he just walked off .Did not speak to me ( which I was Glad off plus I felt OK felt nothing towards him ) .He did not speak to our child either .I know he can turn up public places you’d like to think he’s coming to see our child but way I think if he was really bothered then he would not of waited few months then not speak to his child if he really cared .Unless he wants to look good in front other parents to look like the victim .Ive tried many years so he could have contact with his kids but everytime he has thrown it back in my face .So finally Ive gone no contact I don’t trust him .He currently has a partner to keep him busy but is he trying to worm his way back in or not ?

Ariel
      Participant

I can’t believe he didn’t wait to speak to his child. Hope your child was Ok and not upset. They never think of the childrens feelings only themselves.

Bubblegum
      Participant

I think doing that causes more damage .My teenager son said he was ok he’s used to it but I have explained to him and my other child .Its not normal behaviour and he’s not acting like proper father at all and they are never to think it’s there fault as it’s not X

Serenity
      Participant

He’s trying to intimidate and unsettle you.

He thought it might frighten you in public to have him turn up like that, but those who saw his behaviour would only have been aghast at how inappropriate and unkind he was to go without speaking to your child. Of course, as an abuser he would blame the situation, claiming he thought he ‘wasn’t wanted.’ But a good parent wouldn’t do things to unsettle a child in a public place, whatever your issues. He’s trying to unsettle you, not caring that his child is caught up in the crossfire ( and possibly humiliated in front of his team mates).

It’s great that you’ve been able to talk to your child about it and reassure them that it’s not normal behaviour. x

Bubblegum
      Participant

Thank you Serenity you’ve hit the nail on the head .Hes probably looking for a reaction as well he creates drama we’re ever he goes .There is a strong possibility he could turn up again or just turn up randomly.You think by having a new partner he’d let go trying to Wind me up X

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content