Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Rainbows
      Participant

Ive made the decision to move out today, been offered a place in a refuge, next week. I felt so excited and something to look forward to.
      But I am now doubting if ive made the right choice.
      Middle child and currently sat with daddy and talking to him and sharing a game on the tablet, they have giggles now and then. I am sat here feeling guilty about my decision to move out. because of how happy daughter seems and I would be breaking the family up.
      why do we do this to ourselves and make ourselves feel bad again.

I went to a refuge…I could tell you so much about the feelings of guilt and doubt you are facing…

Rainbows
        Participant

does it get easier? as I have doubts several times a day

Serenity
      Participant

Does he sense something is up and is trying harder? Does he normally put effort in with his child?

Some abusers sense something is up and try to backtrack.

Rainbows
        Participant

there is no way he knows of my plans

undertherainbow
      Participant

What Serenity said is spot on. When I was fleeing my ex somehow found out but didn’t let on, to this day I don’t know how he did. Looking back around that time he started buying me flowers and really making an OTT effort. My mind was already made up though because I knew his behaviour wouldn’t last. It’s taken strength to sort out the refuge and while your daughter is having giggles and it pains you, you are protecting her future well being. Stay strong. xx

Serenity
      Participant

He might not know for a fact, but as they make their life about manipulating, they have learned to read human behaviour.

I just meant to say, if he is suddenly being nice, don’t fall for it.

No one should put up with the cycle of abuse.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content