Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Worrywart
      Participant

hi Ladies, having another bad day today, found out my ex is moving miles away to live with his new but old fiance in (detail removed by moderator) …why do i feel so sad about it ….i have wasted over (detail removed by moderator) on a man who couldn’t have loved me like i loved him, i still miss him and still grieving over him, its not fair how he can just move on with out looking back after over (detail removed by moderator) together, we have been apart less than (detail removed by moderator) and after just a couple of months later he is in a new relationship, engaged to be married and moving miles away from his kids to live with his new but old fiance, i have that horrible vulnerable feeling again, its just like i never existed in his eyes, like yesterdays trash, everything i went through good and bad keeps popping up in my head, i feel so alone, what sort of human being can do this to another and feel nothing when i ended our relationship, (we have split up 8 times in the past and he always came running back) he just walked away without looking back he was angry about my ex husband visiting his children also (who are grown up now) he showed his anger about me through our eldest, he gave me the silent treatment and still has not said a word to me, everything he wants to know about his kids is asked or said through our eldest …i am invisible to him now, that’s the only way to describe it, i feel jealous of his new but old girlfriend now because i feel she will be treated well by him …he has no friends or family to turn to where he is going either so that’s why i feel they will be happy …i still don’t understand why she would even consider going back to him after nearly 3 decades apart and he abused her too …..sorry about the rant x

KIP.
      Participant

I know it hurts but tell yourself you’re playing the long game. It won’t be long before the abuse starts with her. It usually escalates after a commitment like moving in together, marriage or children. He’s still the same man who abused her in the past, although she will have fallen for his lies once again. Hopefully she’s older and wiser and will kick him into touch before long. Then, guess who he will come running back to then? Slam that door shut in his face now. I think they only love the control they have over us. They don’t ever love us the way we love them. They’re not capable. Rebuild your close relationships with your own family and friends. You will have moved on by the time this relationship of his falls apart. Try not to overthink things. Abusers don’t think the way we do x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content