Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Alittlelost
      Participant

I hate telling my story. I’ve been through so much extreme abuse I worry people think its bit dramatic and maybe not true or something. I left my father abusing me to another man who is abusive. I’ve been raped by both these men. I worry people will either think I made it up or just look at me and think I’m stupid and it’s my own fault I ended up with a second man in my life who abuses me.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Alittlelost
      Know that your father abusing you is absolutely the worse possible abuse I can think of. He should have been a kind caring protective figure in your life. Now he should be put in prison!
      This was never ever your fault nor your responsibility. You are not being dramatic at all when sharing your story, the abuse happening to you at the hands of your father is what is very dramatic. Social Service should be sued up to their teeth to have it let all happen to you. It makes me angry that you weren’t protected from this evil predator.

Then ending up with an abusive man as a partner is no surprise, how on earth would you have known this man would be abusive to you? It is not your fault, never was for one second. I too went from one abusive partner straight into the arms of the next abuser.
      They don’t come with a warning sign and when you don’t know what to look for how would you know?
      This isn’t your fault, you were abused, exploited, taken advantage of, they both should be very ashamed of their actions towards you. They should pay for what they did by doing time in prison.

You can stand tall and proud, you are intelligent and brave, feel free to tell your story, you are allowed to let it out, nobody will judge you. They will judge your abusers. Have you ever contacted Rape Crisis and talked about it with them?

Are you safe now?
      Sending you hugs 💕

Alittlelost
      Participant

Thanks. No I’ve not spoken to rape crisis cos I’m to scared to. When I’ve spoken to mental health professionals about it in the past I become very dissociate and stop talking and become very vague. I just shut down. It’s too difficult. I lost a child from one of these mens abuses and it’s to difficult to think about really.

I’m still with the second man I talk of above. I still love him and can’t bring myself to leave him. But things aren’t the same anymore.

hop
      Participant

You’re not being dramatic and none of this stuff is your fault. I’m coming to terms with that myself and it’s b****y hard! You were a child how was anything that happened to you as a child your fault? You should have been protected and nurtured not have the worst crimes committed to you. How could you possibly know how to make connections with people when your care providers was abusing you. Never say you’re being dramatic because you’ve been through what the worst of humanity has to dish out. Stay safe in these uncertain times 💖

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

You take your time honey, just know the responsability of abuse lies completely with the abusers. It’s their fault, their guilt, their crimes.
      You’re innocent.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content