Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Itwastimetostopit
      Participant

Not had any in a while.
      He used to want to touch a lot, cuddle. I’d have to stop what I was doing. And if I didn’t I got a rant.
      Towards the end I couldn’t stand it. It was all about him
      My body not mine. I couldn’t say no otherwise got s**t back.
      Most things returned back to sex with him. Even in public he’d be touching me or saying things.
      In arguments he would sit on me and not let me get up.

Last nights had couple dreamed of him coming to house but he kept holding me but it felt like restraint.
      I couldn’t get him off. But wasn’t hurting mE.

Dreams have away of bringing things back
      I have been feeling positive lately too

EbonyRaven
      Participant

Hi, dreams can sit in our minds afterward so I can understand why you feel this way. Hopefully your mind is working through the things he put you through, and the trapped way he made you feel, and getting those feelings out will help with the healing over time.

Butterflyboo
      Participant

Hi Itwastimetostopit. Those dreams can really mess with your head can’t they? I had a vivid one recently (I’m a couple of years down the line) where in my dream I was getting back together with him. That is something that is *never* going to happen, that I don’t want – I still feel physically sick when I think about him and his behaviour. But, even despite that, it really unsettled me – I felt quite disturbed for a few days wondering what the hell was going on in my head that I could even dream that! But, you know what? A few days down the line it was gone from my mind and I was able to recognise it as my brain doing some bizarre stuff probably still processing what I went through. I hope you’re able to carry on feeling positive, and that this is one of those blips you can ride out x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content