Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Worrywart
      Participant

Hello I had a dream and he was in it along with his ‘new’ but old supply and in my dream I attacked her …this Definetly is not me, it shocked me i could dream something like this and suffice to say he has been on my mind again since i woke up …is it normal to dream like this after a relationship ends? 🙁 x

Worrywart
      Participant

It’s been over for a couple of months now so why now am I having dreams about him x

Butterflyboo
      Participant

Yes, totally normal! I’ve had exactly the same and it left me feeling really disturbed for a few days afterwards. I’m further from having left than you, but randomly had a dream recently that I was thinking about getting back together with him. Never, ever would I even consider that so it really confused me what was going on in my brain. I try to think of it as our brains are still trying to process what has gone on, but it’s shocking when it happens so be sure to look after yourself and do what you need to to feel better again x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear Worrywart

He smallest of daily thought processing can trigger the most extreme of dramatic dreams!

Thats just dreaming for you. Only dreams.

After abuse, certainly dreams can become a lot more extreme. Often only after having left our get the space to really start processing what we’ve suffered, which can be really hard.

Warmest wishes

TS

Twisted Sister
      Participant

*The (not ‘He’)!

Worrywart
      Participant

thank you both ….i don’t dream very often anymore but this was a bit scary to say the least …felt a bit down today cus of it x

diymum@1
      Participant

i think we process everything weve been thinking about over the day and in our dreams (especially after something traumatic) its emphasised. i personally felt it brought out more feelings and that meant that i had to deal with them and learn to cope with these feelings i often did not want to face. i think it is part of our healing tbh xxxx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear Worrywart

There’s certainly is a dfference between a thought passing through our minds and our decions around it. So dreams do not represent what we would do in real life.

There is also nothing wrong with feelingver angry and upset with people and in dreams this is ‘repesented by images’, not exactly what youd rationally think or do!

Try to give yourself a break,and look after yourself.

Warmest wishes

TS

Worrywart
      Participant

thank you Ladies x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content