Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Had.enough
      Participant

When did the love-bombing stop in your story? How long was it until you saw a meaner side of your prince charming?

KIP.
      Participant

The real mean side came with commitment. We got married and had a child. Very soon after the marriage and while I was pregnant his abuse became very obvious. I think when we are vulnerable they go for the jugular.

diymum@1
      Participant

about two years into it the hearts and flowers stopped. at first i thought due to a stressful situation arose he pinned me to a wall by the throat! i should have walked then. a year went passed and i was pregnant and during the pregnancy he definitely got worse. overtime he became more threatening physically he was so controlling i eventually stopped going out. thats how scared i was. every time i left the control upped and stayed that way xx i look back and think why did i waste all that time but i didnt understand trauma bonding then xxxx

EbonyRaven
      Participant

After he signed the receipt for me. (Marriage certificate). About 2 weeks after.

Bethesda
      Participant

Within the first 6 months together
      He shouted at me in the middle of the street,he gave a shove against the pavement,he detroyed a tent kicking and punching it when I was inside
      And the abuse went worse with the time
      I think they show the real person who they are very quick,they can’t avoid it

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

The love bombing never stopped. His angry outburst showed within the first weeks of dating and never stopped either. Abuse cycle to the dot.

KIP.
      Participant

My ex raped me just a few weeks after meeting. And yet I carried on. I believe it was grooming. Have a look at some sites around grooming and see if it makes any sense. Attention, affection, coercion and violence/sexual violence……..

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content