Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      onceuponadream
      Participant

I feel like i’m drowning, I’m trying to get divorced but also trying to protect my financial situation. We both own a business and i’m afraid he is ripping it off, I have had to step away completely in order to maintain my sanity and go no contact with him. But i have no control over what happens at the business or the business finances etc. I can see the business account but all i see is what goes in what goes out. He is doing things already that i told him not to because the business needs complete transparity in order for me to know that he is not doing anything dodgy. I’ve had reports he is skimming the till. And the figures just don’t add up. I’m trying to get support but I just feel like everywhere i turn is a dead end and that i’m all alone. I’ve been done over before by a family member and i’m just terrified someones gonna do it again. I want to go over the business and take the reigns and be confident and in control but I don’t have the mental strength for it. I feel completely lost. When i go over there he plays the tears and talks me round in circle and I just end up doubting myself. I’m struggling daily just to carry on.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear Onceuponadream

How awful for you. It is ofcourse financial abuse and theft.

I would pay for an accountant to take control of your element of the business.

Accountants have legal responsibility to report fraud etc.

It’s also possible to have accounts frozen when you suspect foul-playy like this.

If he is actively running down the business cv you have him suspended from acting (notify the bank etc).

Do you have any insurance in place for this?

Seek advice from business hubs, and a solicitor, urgently to prevent further damage to the
      business.

Get yourself all the support around that you can it will give you strength for this fight.

Also, try to find an advocate foe you tofeplceyou temporarily in the business.. Do you hce a qualified friend that could do this.

You could potentially make calls to enquire about using the services ofthe business to establish some evidence for what he’s doing.

Hang on in there, and take all the help you can get to protect your stake in the business and its future.

Do keep posting and getting it all out, it hlps so much with the processing and getting control back for yourself.

Warmest wishes

TS

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content