Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

Letter arrived confirming after review I’m receiving correct benefits. My gut tells me he has tried to report me. Otherwise why is that Dept writing to me? Anyone know about this. Never ever had letter from them before.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi KIP,

It sounds like him reporting you is a possibility yes. I’ve never had a letter from this department either. The great thing is, without doing anything, you have won yet another battle against a dreadful abuser. It is very typical of them to do something like this, they will use anything they can to hurt us. I would buy yourself a bunch of flowers to celebrate 🙂

KIP.
      Participant

Yes, my gut tells me it’s him. Something else happened recently so I know he is still trying to harass me in other ways. CAB told me to write to the DWP and explain what’s happening just in case he tries it again and also if he has left his details they may prosecute him for malicious reporting. I might just do that. And yes, we just have to sit back and watch them self destruct. Flowers for me 🌺🌺

Ayanna
      Participant

Ask them why they write to you and whether he reported you. Then tell them in the bleakest colours how abusive and horrible he is.

KIP.
      Participant

Thanks. Yes I have drafted a letter asking for details of why they wrote to me and included his criminal conviction and restraining order. I bet he’s left his details because he thinks he is above the law. Maybe they will prosecute him for malicious behaviour. Either way they will know what is behind this if he tries it again.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I was living in a refuge and had to go along and prove that I wasn’t getting back together with my abuser. Hold your head up high, you know the truth and that letter sounds like a great idea.

Dragonfly
      Participant

You are perfectly within your rights to ask what’s prompted this letter. I’ve had similar from my ex’s solicitor!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content