Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      StrongLife
      Participant

I too have great concerns on how this effected my kids.

It’s hard to know at this time.

I’ve had little time to prepare for this and had some supports organised.

Kids are older and I feel lack of support in supporting kids through domestic violence they witnessed in the situation that occurred

I can relate. Though mine are older teens, I feel like the challenges in my situation is that they can vote with their own feet. S. Services said they would have lifted them and put them in my care if they were younger but as he is wealthy man lavishing them with (detail removed by Moderator)- they are gravitating towards him.

As they under the influence of coercive control,they are left in a ‘bubble’ and isolated the way I was. Iam struggling with my (detail removed by Moderator) year old. Hardly a baby I know, but the abuser seems to have simply rewritten her childhood narrative based on what the abuser has told her. She refuses to hand over baby photos or baby books and does anything to punish me, including refusing to speak to me. I simply can’t believe she could have seen and heard what she did and still champions her stepdad over me.
      S. Services said they would have lifted them and put them in my care if they were younger but as he is wealthy man lavishing them with (detail removed by Moderator)- they are gravitating towards him.

I am so concerned about the lasting impact this abuse is having on them, and his rewritten narrative of what kind of mother I was.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content