Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Clare
      Participant

How do you know if you have lasting effects from abuse? I seem completely fine right now but don’t want to break down at a later date. I don’t want to repress anything but I remember less and less and it seems like a different life now.

Tinkerbell
      Participant

thats good you seam to be dealing with it well, sometimes though its not until a long time later it hits you, a smell a word a touch and then bamn right there and you freak out. I have ptsd and I cant live a normal life with that , I cant have a new relationship and I cant trust people., recently I decided that no one cares about me anyway so there was no point sticking about anywhere other than in my own company because I am that damaged people just take advantage of that all the time, and I cannot deal with anymore. and I guess that’s how I know it has affected me.

fizzylem
      Participant

Grab hold of it and don’t question it – roll with it, enjoy it!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content