Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      dancing in the rain
      Participant

I’m worried about my husband becoming more abusive again after he seemed a bit better. He already seemsvto resent the extra work he has to do around the house but when I suggest a cleaner he seems to see it as criticism. Grown up kids at home for now which I’m grateful for but worried about when they go and having to rely on him to keep my spirits up and provide care. Don’t want to feel trapped. He uses mind games a lot and brings up that I said he was being abusive end of last year at random moments and accuses me of making things difficult for him. Anyone else had similar experience?…A

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi dancing in the rain

I just wanted to show you some support. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Your husband should be supportive during such a difficult time instead of becoming more abusive, this must be really hard for you.

Maybe you could think about speaking to adult social services to see if they can offer more support or refer you to a service which can provide care so that you are not relying completely on your husband in the future.

Take care and please keep posting

Lisa

Chestnut
      Participant

Hello, just bumping this up a bit for you as it is busy today! Are you worried his new diagnosis may trap you in the relationship? X

Chestnut
      Participant

Sorry just re read this so have you been diagnosed and you are worried about having to rely on him? This isn’t you by the way I am insanely tired today and finding it difficult to read in general. I can understand that you would feel worried about this if so, any more info you can share safely so people can help? X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content