Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Benson
      Participant

I am having some very strange things happening with my email account. Does anyone know how you can tell whether someone has hacked into it. I am very suspicious, I think my ex has hacked into it, reading my emails and deleting things. Thanks

KIP.
      Participant

Change your password right away x

Borntobefree
      Participant

Change ever password hun .. email .bank. social media..

Benson
      Participant

I will do. It’s just the final straw today, I am having a very bad day. I have found out Social Services have got involved due to the reports to the police. This makes me nervous as I am doing everything I can do to protect my daughter. Found out the therapy I was about to start has been put back and spoke to a very unhelpful therapist who clearly doesn’t understand the situation. I am struggling to sleep have a constant migraine, all in all it’s pretty rubbish. I wish I could wake up and everything would be normal, both myself and my life!

Tiffany
      Participant

As everyone has said change the password. And consider changing your email address. I did and it gave me great peace of mind.

fridges
      Participant

Hello,
      The best way is to get for you a new email. So the abuser will not know that exist.
      I did my new email slowly changing all to the new email. I did not delete my old email, as I had still there some important things to keep.
      After he sent me his fake super nice messages for Christmas, trying to hoover me in and trying to find out more about with his fake friendliness. I could not stay quite. I answered leave me alone. As I know his tricks, I know what he is trying to do, have been there before. He got very angry at me, starting to accuse me, and that i’m not worth to contact anyone. There were couple ping pong email and the last I understood he want to bring me to the edge, he knew where to press it.
      On that very evening, I got the alarm that my password is not correct, when I know my password, and that my email was accessed in not known location.
      It happened straight after his contacts, I knew he is trying to hack it.
      Now almost all I deleted from the email and waiting when I can delete completely. So that I do not need to see ever his emails, or anything from him.
      More fake person I did not meet in my life.

Malachite
      Participant

If he has hacked in and deleted emails, are they in the “Trash” folder? If it’s hotmail then you can recover recently deleted emails (if he’s deleted them from inbox and trash). If you recover emails you’ve never seen then you know someone’s been in your account. I’m not sure about other email services, but google will do.

I agree with the others that a new email might be best.

I’m sorry that you’re struggling to sleep and your therapy has been cancelled. I hope social services manage to protect you and your daughter.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content