• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I was thinking about the emergency alert things they have for people that are seniors or have a health problem, etc. and then I thought – Wait a minute here! If a woman is worried about her husband or boyfriend attacking them, then why not get one of these necklaces for example and just keep it tucked in your shirt. You can just push the button on those and you don’t have to say anything, they will have all your information and send someone out. I think you can get one regardless if you don’t have a health condition but if you do, like if you’re allergic to something that’s one reason but I don’t think you have to have a health condition per say to get one. I just know when you are scared and it might be risky to even use a phone and with cell phones you have to give the address and that takes time, etc. So maybe this might be a good idea for people. I am definitely getting one for myself because I am old and I do have health issues. Just a thought ladies!

HunkyDory
      Participant

I think that’s a great idea! If it could be linked to emergency services like some house alarms…👍 x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yep, I mean why not? The device is already there sooo, why not use it for us??? I think some maybe just have your address and then others might have a GPS tracking, not sure. But anything is better than nothing and calling out when you are in distress with a cell phone is tricky and quite dangerous sometimes. Not like it used to be with a house phone.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Maybe anyone reading here just does their own research and report back what they find out. I mean, to me, I would think that this should be given to anyone but if they have to have a medical reason, well, you’re prone to anxiety attacks. Most of us are here! LOL! that’s not funny but you hear me.

Let’s do a group research!! We rock here, don’t we?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content