Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      fizzylem
      Participant

Some days I just feel unable to cope with it all. I mean, I’m just one person, a single mum, unable to be the mum I want to be because I have to deal with him on some level and my child’s challenging behaviour – feels pointless right? Leaves me feeling like I want to leave it all behind. Walk away x

fizzylem
      Participant

Have recieved a couple of ‘comments’ from friends recently as well, as I’m not working, ‘Ive been to work, remember what that was like?’, its an underlying resentment isnt it and a lack of understanding. I would LOVE to be in a position where I could go to work and look after my children – with support. Have a normal life, look forward to and plan days out and time with folk only I cant touch that – yet x

Faraway
        Participant

Hi fizzylem. I hear you, it’s mother’s guilt. We all those feelings constantly because we are stuck in these situations. I’m sure you are a great mum and doing the best you can. My oldest just said to me tonight – Mum you do everything for us and never put yourself first, can I put the washing away for you. Although he is young he sees what I do and your children will one day see this too. We sacrifice ourselves for their survival. Keep you head up high and stay strong. We always think we are not doing enough but they will one day see we are doing everything we can xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content