Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

Suddenly feeling very emotional.

I was beginning to feel disbelief at everything that’s happened. How can I be going back to disbelief at this late stage?

It seems my ex is busy building a portfolio of properties. He’s skipped off leaving us all traumatised- and all he has in his head is building money up. I can’t believe who I married.

What hurts is how intent he was on wrecking me and the kids. Weren’t the years I slaved worth some respect?

I am now also feeling plagued with guilt at what my kids lived through.

Ayanna
      Participant

I think the only way of getting on with life is to block these abusers out entirely and forever, to refuse to let them have contact with the kids, to completely ban them out of our lives. Otherwise they will always have access to our minds and mess us up.
      The kids’ part is the hardest because of the stone age family law. But when the kids have a certain age they could realize with some personal discussions that their father is one to be avoided and maybe they choose to go no contact. Many kids follow their mothers with no contact. That is the only way to have a peaceful life and get these abnormal men out of our lives and heads.

KIP.
      Participant

‘Stone Age family law’. Couldn’t put it better myself lol. Serenity, his behaviour in no way reflects on you. It’s his shame, and you cannot change how he behaved towards you. Your boys are so lucky to have you. We will recover and thrive. They will always be nasty little men who get kicks from bringing others down. Sad little people. Karma will visit him in good time ❤️
      You’re allowed to feel disbelief. Allow these feelings into your head, deal with them, then watch them float away…….

Serenity
      Participant

I think part of the reason I feel low is that my youngest was with him last weekend, and now he is away with him again for some days. It us how the contact had worked out due to holidays.

I feel he is there too much, I fear what my ex is doing to twist him and I miss my little child being here with me.

He never bothered with the kids. I had fertility problems and it took me ages to conceive, and he knows how much those kids are to me. This is why he is doing this, because I dared to love the children so much.

I feel like I have lost my identity. My identity was being a mum, and he is trying his best to ruin that.thank a God my eldest can see him fir what he is, but my youngest seems to be taken in by my ex’s new mask.

KIP.
      Participant

Just give it time until that mask slips. I know how you feel when your role is taken away. We like routine and normality. Try to enjoy the break and recharge your batteries. Your little one will be back soon enough.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Serenity

Just want to show my support. X

Your youngest will in the end see him for what he is.

And how they carry on with no worries about nothing and no body is incredible.

But what goes around comes around. What you have from know on will be yours and no one will ever be able to take that away from you.

FS xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content