Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lightning-Jet
      Participant

I’m having a really bad couple of weeks food wise. I just keep eating rubbish in an attempt to make me feel better.
      I know it won’t make me feel better as I just keep putting on weight. But my home life and “Relationship” exhaust me so much.

Does anyone else over-eat? How do you combat it? I am doing what I can to get out of this relationship. I was considering hypnotherapy to help me. Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks
      L-J x

Tiffany
      Participant

I am fluctuating between over and under eating. Living alone doesn’t help. I grew up in a big family and later worked as a cook for a small business. I am completely undaunted by the idea of cooking for 20, but dinner for 1. Almost impossible. I have a tiny freezer compartment in my fridge and no microwave so I can’t even cook in bulk then freeze and reheat. On my good weeks I live on salads or veg sticks and hummus. On my bad weeks I live on crisps and ben and jerrys. I suspect that my good weeks are good partly because of the good food and the bad ones are worse because of my diet. But it is so hard to sort myself out. Especially now summer has gone frigid and I need to start cooking warm food again. But I am so tired and I just can’t make myself care. If anyone has any advice I would also love to hear. My lunch today consisted of 6 plain rice cakes because I couldn’t be bothered putting anything on them, let alone making something better. A couple of nights ago I ate a big bag of crisps, a tub of ice cream and a box of plums. I need to look after myself better.

Bubblegum
      Participant

Since split from my Ex husband looking back my way of coping was eating .Ive gained about a stone which does not sound much but I’m small in height and body frame .My downfall was anything sweet .For me eating all this rubbish was a comfort when my Ex was playing up or if I was stressed with kids .My low self esteem confidence took all mighty all time low while being with my Ex and afterwards and I was in a vicious circle feeling unhappy etc .Only few weeks ago I looked in the mirror I was horrified the way looked .So to lose few pounds and general more healthy eating Ive joined slimming club .Its early days but I’m slowly starting to see results feeling better about myself .For me it’s taken years to train my brain to put goodness into my body rather rubbish .I still have treats but silly amounts all the time .Going no contact or having Least amount of contact if you kids helps as well .x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content