Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      survivorandproud
      Participant

Hi ladies,

Does anyone know if on an enhanced DBS check it’ll show my interactions with the police in regards to me being a victim of domestic violence? And also silly question but will this hinder my chance at the job

Thanks

Butterflyboo
      Participant

I don’t think it will, I’m pretty sure it only shows up convictions / cautions of offenders, not of being a victim / survivor.

Benson
      Participant

From personal experience it does not. Only if you have had a caution/ conviction will it show up. I have had one of these done in the last 6 months and I regularly check applications and DBS of others. The only issue I did have with regards completing the form was that I could not put a refuge down as one of my previous addresses, so a query came through with regards to living at a no fixed abode. I wasn’t happy that my new employers were going to be given this information so spoke to the DBS people and explained and told them that I didn’t want it to highlight I was homeless so they altered it and changed some dates as I only lived in refuge for 2 and a half months. I hope this helps!

Ayanna
      Participant

NO!!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content