Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      endoftherainbow
      Participant

This weekend I went to a party….. I didn’t have to feel sick asking if I could go, then listen to all the moaning and complaints, I didn’t have to provide sexual favours as a thank you, I just went, I came home when I wanted, quite drunk, and went to bed. I didnt get questioned, or shouted at, or accused of all sorts, and I didn’t get hit.
      My daughter and I sat in fleecy pj`s even though there not sexy and would put anyone off, and we watched Christmas films, in October with chocolate that makes us fat,…because we could, while the dust lives quite happily on the furniture, because I will clean when I want to.
      Even though I still have a long road ahead of me, little things like this make me feel so proud and thankful that im out of it all, we don’t have much, but what we have is ours, we are free and everyday is a step further, to anyone still waiting, stay strong, you can do it and even though it might feel like it can never improve, believe me it can, I once though I was stuck, couldn’t break up the family, but I didn’t…..he did, it was his decision to ruin things not mine, and once we realise this it helps. Im going to watch another film now….because I can x*x

Tractor
      Participant

I love this end of the rainbow ! So positive. Well done for getting out x

Janedoeissad
      Participant

This made me smile and hopeful.

Really glad you are kicking life’s a*s! Enjoy every second 😊

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Loved this endoftherainbow and it made me laugh what you said about the dust and the PJS! I have been watching cosy films lately and drinking hot chocolate and baking too. Cosy things like this really help us to revive and I don’t think many men really appreciate the joy of chocolate and a good film! Enjoy 🙂

keepmovingfoward
      Participant

Good for you honey, so pleased you were able to get back out there and enjoy yourself!
      Chocolate and a good movie too! now theres an idea 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content