Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Eggshells
      Participant

I adapted this from the film. When I watched it I knew I was about to become homeless and jobless again. It just resonated with me and gave me a sense of wellbeing when I needed it.

“To be at home you have to find your own path. To be alone doesn’t mean you have to be lonely. My life is my own and the future is up to me.”

nbumblebee
      Participant

Wow thats powerful 💜

Wants To Help
      Participant

Great words Eggshells.

Sometimes the path we clear in order to move forward can lead us to previously undiscovered opportunities. I’ve had so many opportunities since leaving my abuser that I would never have had if I’d stayed with him.
      Leaving him was the best decision I made for myself and my son, staying with him would have been the worst thing.

Eggshells
      Participant

That’s really good to hear Wants To Help. Keep clearing that path.

Leaving is hard isn’t it. Hard in so many ways and more terrifying than I ever could have imagined. It’s so worth pushing through it all though. The reward of an abuse free life is just so liberating. Everything feels lighter now.

Like you, leaving was the best decision for me and my sons too. xx

StrongLife
      Participant

Leaving is terrifying – it’s easier now.

StrongLife
      Participant

So true. Love the quote.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content