Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Fuffle
      Participant

Hi,
      I’m trying to escape a volatile and abusive situation and facing putting my pets in foster care and going to a refuge.
      I’m not ashamed to say that I am scared. I don’t know what to expect, and how long it will be before I can be reunited with my paw babies.

Has anyone been through the same? Can someone please guide or reassure me?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Fuffle,

I’m so sorry to hear that you are having to face the possibility of temporarily parting with your pets, I imagine this is a really distressing prospect.

You are absolutely doing the right thing by them in making this choice and hopefully it will not be long until you are reunited – this could be as soon as you are able to settle in more long term or permanent accommodation once you’re ready to leave the refuge.

Hopefully other users who have had this experience may be able to offer support too.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Fuffle

I am sorry to hear your situation, yes, it is scarey isn’t it. Do you have to be the one to uproot everything and leave?

I am wondering whether you could issue court orders against him for his abuse and on the back of that secure an occupation order so that you can remain and he has to leave, because he has perpetrated crimes against you?

I don’t know your housing situation, or your personal risk and whether you have reported him for his crimes, and I am not asking for you to share that, but something for you to consider if the situation is right for you?

If thats not possible, perhaps you could leave very short term, just long enough to secure refuge help for getting him out so you can all return safely?

Sending you every strength. x

warmest wishes

ts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content