Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      minimeerkat
      Participant

the greatest gift for me has been when “a true friend reaches for your hand & touches your heart” x

browneyedmum
      Participant

<3 Me too. I have one friend who’s gone above and beyond. I wish that friend was with us for Christmas, but I think that friend is also giving me and the children the room to figure out how to celebrate holidays without their dad being present.

minimeerkat
        Participant

you & your children really do need this support right now so i am so pleased for you browneyedmum, as this kindness from others carries us forward, doesnt it. it gives us strength & also rebuilds our faith in other human beings x

Lostnalone
      Participant

Friendships are special Minimeerkat 💓 💕 xxxx

minimeerkat
        Participant

i have written this before, but because its so applicable today – “when it hurts to look back & you’re afraid to look ahead, look beside you & there will be your friends” x
        biggest hug & love to you lostnalone x

StrongLife
      Participant

I’ve had a calm Christmas this year. No lawyers etc – they are on holidays. Been a nice break from this horrible year. Next year will be far better 🙂

I have people who chat to me around. Maybe a friend will turn up this year sometime

minimeerkat
        Participant

oh stronglife, there is friendship here should you ever want it
        when i posted, i was not talking about someone i saw in person or even someone i knew very long or very well at all. but sometimes someone either says or does something that completely overwhelms you due to how much kindness is shown
        i think its because we have rarely experienced it in our lives that it then has such an effect on us
        so its always possible that those people who you just chat to could do or say something to really touch you
        remember we are always here, too x

nbumblebee
      Participant

I feel so low so alone my true friend has seen ans now cant cope so she has backed off and im stuck here. So sad.
      But I am so grateful for this forum and all of you on here xx

minimeerkat
        Participant

its probably because your friend has a healthy relationship with her own partner – maybe she is genuinely loved, cared for, respected, appreciated & considered
        and its also probably because you are her dear friend that she feels all these very same things for you, which will make it so difficult for her to see you being abused by another person – especially someone she knows & someone she will see regularly
        it might have been easier for her to stand by you & support you if the person abusing you was someone she didnt know
        yes it will hurt, but try to look at it as evidence of just how much you have meant to her as she just cannot bear to see you being treated so badly x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content