Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      It takes a village
      Participant

Am I wrong for not wanting him to know I had found a rental until it was all ready to move into? He’s paid a friend to dish the dirt and he’s annoyed I hadn’t told him.

Our child went for their first sleepover at his since the separation and he’s telling me that I won’t be seeing her again.

He said I’m a horrible spiteful person and he can’t trust me with his child

I really don’t see why it is such a big deal. We are separated and I haven’t moved in yet.

Or is it bad and I’m completely missing the point

Help please…

EbonyRaven
      Participant

Of course you’re not wrong. It’s none of his business. What good would it do for him to be told in advance that you had found a place to rent? None.

Even if you moved in and didn’t tell him where it was, that’s none of his business either.

It’s your home, your life. He should stick his nose in a skunk’s bum instead!

KIP.
      Participant

If you don’t have a legally binding court order he has every right not to return your child so please see a solicitor and make a journal of his threats to keep your child. He’s still showing his controlling behaviour. It’s dangerous. Speak to your local women’s aid x

diymum@1
      Participant

youll need a prohibited steps order by the sounds of it – when you get your child back make sure supervised access is the aim of the court for contact. these men really do confuse kids to no end and are very poor role models xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

You’ve done something b he doesn’t like and it’s therefore trying to punish you. No-one had the right to know another’s decisions in life. With regards your child get something in writing if she’s spending time at his, until then he can claim parental right, and keep her away from you also. These men are very devious, never underestimate them, just because it’s something you wouldn’t do. Give rights for women a call or ask WA for advice re this too.
      IWMB 💕💕

fizzylem
      Participant

He’s annoyed because you did it without asking! He had no say in it and missed an opportunity to persuade you otherwise or have some say so in where it is.

I think it was very wise indeed to set it up and go the way you have.

I’d be inclined not to send your child again if he is threatening this, let him get a contact order.

Sad for your child yes and difficult to manage, but until this is sorted out he can not be trusted, once it is sorted out a regular pattern will be established.

As he’s still trying to control and manipulate you using your child then it is best that you cut contact with him and get the court to set up his access using third parties so he cant do this to you or your child. If you have already been running along without the need for third parties they are a lot less inclined to introduce this at this stage unless there is a clear, evidenced reason. If the child has had no contact with the dad then using a thrid party would be an improvement and a solution.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content