Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

You can’t help thinking skme other women has got a better version of them? X

Iwantmeback
      Participant

What I’ve found out through years of watching and learning about these people is that yes on the outside they’ll be giving the new person in their life a better version of themselves. They may even commit to them by getting married, or have children with them, or find someone who already had children. They’ve learned by being with you that this is what a normal relationship is, but you can be guaranteed at some point their mask will fall and the new partner will be you in a few months or years. They’ll be triangulating their new partner with you or even previous partners, getting them to relearn what is important to them. They may even find someone who has disability of some description, either themself or their children. If your ex couldn’t change for you, they won’t do it overnight for someone else. Change has to be for themselves because they finally see that they are the problem. I’m lucky in that I stopped loving my ex a long time ago, so I’m not discombobulated with those feelings. But it still doesn’t stop feelings of some description, whether that’s obligation or guilt. I’m stuck at being obliged, and putting myself in his shoes, just a bit, but it’s enough for him to get a foot in the door.
      I’m a firm believer in what is for you won’t go by you and it’s what we learn from those encounters, that’s the important thing.
      Best wishes
      IWMB 💞 💞

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content