Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      County
      Participant

So here I am years after leaving him and we are still not divorced. I want to move on but feel like a bug in amber. I am back at work but, he has worked on the kids to live with him. I wasn’t well and he lied when he said I threatened to kill our eldest. He said this after the social worker told him he would have to move out of the house as I had nowhere to live. He threatened me with dire consequences before and during the seperation. For years he has been coming into the property and gas lighting me by removing inconsquential but necessary things he also took paperwork, I haven’t been able to get a photo yet. Recently he has been bringing our eldest around, who has been behaving very strangely asking odd questions and generally being shifty. I changed the locks and it was only then that my youngest told me that if you put a thin blade in a lock and give it a tap it should open an ordinary lock. Where did he hear this? I am genuinely worried for my eldest’s sanity he has not been well and I am not projecting. He had obviously sent around reluctantly and had been watching me closely to see if there were any ways of getting around the locks. He spent ages in the bathroom at the restaurant as he was texting his Dad. Even when we lived together I would find my ex by chance sitting in the car on a side road nearby, he also sent my sister half way across the med to make sure I wasn’t going to run off with them. They were technically adults at this stage and this is an obscure part of the med and I was supposed to believe it was all a coincidence. I feel sick my family believe him I am completely cut adrift they are ashamed that I have a medical condition yet I work full time. the betrayal by my sister has been the worst she has aided and abetted him and revelled in it. Yet she sends her child over to spend a week with me? I am stuck I realise and I want to stop thinking about these betrayals. Has anyone any ideas or observations.

KIP.
      Participant

All these people in your life are making you crazy with their behaviour. You need to get yourself fit and well. mentally and physically before you can deal with the situation. Absolutely zero contact with your abuser to begin with. Keep anyone who doesn’t wholly support you at arms length or cut them out your life. I know it sounds drastic but you need to put yourself first. Anyone who sides with your abuser has no place in your life. Try to meet your son in a neutral place in a regular basis. Your ex sounds extremely manipulative.engage with your local women’s aid and ring the helpline number on here for more advice x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content