• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Lisa.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

My soon to be ex has everyone believing that he’s an abused husband! He upset , withheld affection,ignored me, slammed doors in my face, degraded and humiliated me, sold my things, changed the mortgage and said I’d agreed to, encouraged my son and his girlfriend to ignore and be disrespectful and when I finally broke down he recorded me.
      He’s told everyone I’m the abuser and probably shows them footage.
      I feel ashamed of how I behaved but I just couldn’t take anymore.
      Nobody speaks to me I’m an outcast. I stay home nearly all the time.
      He started terrorising me by backing me up against the wall and bellowing in my face ( he knows that scares me because of an assault by a different person)why do this why be so cruel.
      It was so bad the last time I called the police and he was arrested.
      But now I’m called a vindictive malicious wife! He has not returned home but now gets at me financially refusing to pay anything towards the house. We are divorcing but he is making my life hell exactly what he said he would do if I ever crossed him. I feel like my life means nothing. His group of mates are all claiming their wives/partners are abusive/ controlling, all with the same story I’m not saying men don’t get abused but it’s like some club they’ve all joined to discredit the women in their lives. How do you get through this the shame and humiliation the emotional pain. I’m told this is n**********c discard,it’s like being in a living hell. I’ve been reading up on it and about flying monkeys etc but what I can’t understand is WHY would anyone want to make someone feel like they are losing their mind? Why would he want to make someone to dread waking up everyday He is now saying he is suicidal( not to me directly because there’s no contact) and again getting sympathy from everyone.
      If he does feel that way I feel for him as I live my life trying to keep myself safe everyday.I bet he doesn’t feel any empathy for me as when we were together he told me to do him a favour and hurry up and kill myself . This is Mr Perfect, the nice guy who everyone loves who is married to this horrible person , the one who loved and cared for him. What a fool I’ve been.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello AllAlone1,

Thank you for sharing this, it sounds like a stressful and frustrating situation.

Sadly it’s common for abusers to reflect their own behaviour and claim that they themselves are the victim of abuse. This can be such a distressing experience for many women and can leave us with a huge sense of injustice.

It might be helpful to access some legal advice about your housing and financial rights. You could speak to Rights of Women if needed: https://www.rightsofwomen.org.uk/

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content