Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      purplelavender
      Participant

I was abused and raped (detail removed by Moderator) years ago, told police, but they did nothing! Have been assaulted twice since then over the years, by one of his mates and the second time by him himself, I reported it, but police were useless AGAIN!
      Now I’m housebound with agoraphobia and too scared to leave my house.

Now, he’s mere MINUTES away from my house so you can imagine how much worse I feel.
      I’ve since finally plucked up the courage to contact Victim Support last week and they gave me a number for legal advice.
      The short and short of it is I can get a restraining order, and I want to.
      Because then I will feel safe going out, knowing that he won’t be allowed anywhere near me, and even if he did, he’d HAVE to be arrested & charged!!!!
      That’s ALL I want now; to feel safe to walk out without feeling like I’ll be attacked.
      Is that too much to ask?
      This creature has robbed far too much of my life, and I want it back.
      But my family and friends keep trying to discourage me from doing it!?
      They keep saying “oh you’re just dragging up the past”, “you’ll antagonise him again” blah blah blah.
      I don’t CARE about him – look what he’s done to me!!!!! I can’t go out. I literally have no life anymore.
      Don’t I deserve this reassurance that I’ll be protected this time?
      Don’t I deserve to feel safe?
      They seem to be more interested in how he will feel! That’s the impression I get!
      But they say “oh no I’m thinking about what’s best for you” well then let me do this!
      Why would they discourage me from getting a restraining order against my abuser/attacker?! It feels like they’re siding with him and it hurts so SO much.
      I can’t just move on. It doesn’t work that way.
      And I’m sick of having to explain to people who have never been through this, that I need this to rebuild my life. I need it.
      Why won’t they support me with this?
      Feel so alone.

KIP.
      Participant

Do it. The best thing I did. There are new criminal laws now also that weren’t there last year so putting you in a state of fear and distress etc. Know that he will see the affidavit you send to the court can be quite distressing and he will have an opportunity to respond which was traumatic for me. Research the new criminal laws that may be of more help. Knowing there is a legal recourse. Speak to domestic abuse unit at police. Do what makes you feel safe x

purplelavender
      Participant

He can respond!?
      Oh great. That’s totally unacceptable!
      He committed crimes against me. I don’t want a response at all, because it will never leave my mind! I know exactly what will be said :'( Evil individual.
      Why would they put a victim through further torment like that? Disgraceful

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content