• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by KIP..
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Howtobeme
      Participant

I let my abusive ex skype our son every other dday but have requested he doesn’t contact me in between as he constantly messages me. He is now sending me messages complaining that I’m refusing to send him photos and updates so he will be making sure his solicitor knows I am trying to stop our son having a relationship with his dad!

It’s hard enough doing the Skype with him, do I have to be messaging him updates too? I want ro stop contact all together but worried it will go against me when finally goes to court

maddog
      Participant

Keep those messages. They are further evidence of his abuse. If your ex is having contact with your son, he is having contact. Don’t respond to his messages. These are unprecedented times. Your ex’s relationship is now no longer with you and you are allowing contact. End of!

He is bullying you and trying to get into your head. Keep the No Contact going, and please seek advice.

Abusers don’t have boundaries and we are not safe while they impose themselves on our lives.

KIP.
      Participant

Block him in between the times he has access to your son on skype. He has no right to harass you. You’re allowing contact every other day. The law is based on fairness and I think that’s fair. And definitely keep that message. It’s threatening behaviour and will back up your argument of his controlling behaviour. You are in charge now and his solicitor can do nothing about it. If it goes to court which is expensive and unlikely you’re in a strong position. He’s a bully and he’s not getting his own way. Do you have an access agreement that’s legally binding. It’s important that something solid is in place that he can’t manipulate x

KIP.
      Participant

I’d get an old pay as you go phone for him only. That way you can switch it off when you like and ask about a third party that will communicate for you? A friend or family member. That way you’re cut out the contact. They usually get bored when you do this cos they can’t manipulate neutral parties x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content