Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Flopsy
      Participant

I’m the residential parent but my ex has decided he now wants full custody of the children. Realistically the courts won’t change a thing without good reason, or that’s the impression I’m under anyway.
      I’ve been told that he’s making false claims that I’m abusing my kids in one way or another. The source of this information have logged that he’s made these claims but also put it on record that they don’t support the claims at all due to the regular contact they have with the kids they can see the claims aren’t true.
      Is there anything I can do about these lies? I only know of this most recent claim due to being close to the people he said it to so I dread to think of what other avenues he may be going down.

KIP.
      Participant

I had the same anxiety with my ex. Is there anything you’ve fired him in over. I reported my ex to the tax man and he did the same to me! (detail removed by Moderator) I reported him to the police. He did the same to me. I think if nothing comes to mind that he’s already threatened to do just keep yourself squeaky clean with tax and benefits and housing and anything else you think he may do. Even though you’re squeaky clean it’s only natural to worry about their vindictive nature but tell yourself there’s nothing he can throw that you cannot bat straight back. It’s good you have backing already to support his false allegations. His credibility is already destroyed should he start to make more allegations x

diymum@1
      Participant

the courts will see this every day especially when dv is at the back of the issue. once he is found out to be lying he will have no credibility at all. it will be seen by the courts that making these false allegations is very damaging for the kids.he is only thinking of himself here as KIP said that is not what the judge wants to see. youll be fine, if your worried about what he will do next id go for supervised contact or minimum at most xx luv diy mum xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t have kids, but have had every kind of counter accusation thrown at me. In some respects I’m lucky, because my ex is aggressive and vile to everyone, so no one who knows us believes what he says. The police are very use to this kind of behaviour and I’m sure the Courts are too.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content