Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Confused123
      Participant

so today again out of the bloom the ex s in law text me today to ask how mw and children were. Dont know what got into me, i normally give no reaction, but today it was like the wrong button had been press and i text back dwhy is she texting me after the way the family  treated me (detail removed by moderator) Feels so tearful and upset as again that stupid trgiger has been set off, should i of just replied we ok or ignored , spoke tomy mu n*d she said it sgood what u said, but i just feel bad

Confused123
      Participant

But deep down i know i needed to tell her to stop texting me as that chapter is over now , i havde to have no contact with their family, just hurts cause in the end she was the only one that made effort to ask how we were, unless it was just all a mind game , i dont know cant work it out

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there, i know how hard it is to cut ties with people who have been part of our lives for years. But for your own peace of mind i would not engage again. It just causes triggers and worry and brain chatter. It puts our recovery back. Block her number from now on. Its like opening an old wound. If my husbands family contacted me i would be very very suspiscious. He may not be involved but the thought is enough to trigger paranoia and trauma again. Another lesson learned x

Serenity
      Participant

Good on you for standing up to her.

Block her. They should have stood up for you when it counted. You don’t need them in your life.

Look how far you’ve come x

danicali
      Blocked

my opinion you cannot trust her as she’s his family… she might just be trying to nose into whatever’s going on with you to report it back to him… you never know. be careful what you text back and my advice is not reply at all again. just block her number. and remember that the reason things are the way they are is not because of your behaviour, but his x

Confused123
      Participant

Yes thank u lovely ladies, yes i have block the whole family, i dont know why i havent blocked her , she is the last person left to block , again u are right i just cant retaliate witht them, is waste of my energy, will spend time with my mum tonight, she will soon have me back on track and gives me the wake up call speech i need, sending love to u all xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content