Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ThatBeeGirl
      Participant

My dc have very sparodic contact with their father.
      While together there was emotional abuse and damage to the house and much gas lighting. He did once slap one of the dc across the face as a small child and that’s when I left. He raised his hand to but never hit me.

He has had contact since with them but always supervised with me or one of my family in a busy place.

I was aware there were more emotional abuse issues with his partner after me as I saw some of it commented on social media.

I have since found out he is being physically violent to his new partner and have evidence of this.

Can anyone advise as to what the hell happens now? I’m wasn’t happy before about the contact but felt the easier option to prevent him going to court and manipulating them into contact at his was to arrange contact and go with them. Now I am aware he is being physically violent I am even less happy. The kids aren’t really interested in seeing him anyway but aware if it went to court he would get contact.

KIP.
      Participant

It would be a good idea to ring Rights for Women who offer free legal advice. I would keep all evidence and if possible tell someone like a social worker or a GP just so that you have someone on your side. Get some legal advice because you don’t want things to backfire if you had proof he was violent and still allowed contact. Just not sure how this would sit legally if you ever tried to prevent contact. It’s a horrible situation but two women alleging violence should surely go in your favour if access was ever an issue.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content