• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Lisa.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      eask
      Participant

I really thought things would start to get easier… or hoped. I finally left my ex a few months ago and every day is still so exhausting.

Has anyone experienced being taken to court by their ex for contact with your children?

Mediation said they didn’t think it was suitable and now my ex said he is starting court proceedings for shared custody. My ex said he has spoken to authorities and told them I made up incidents etc and has told so many lies to friends etc, he seems set on ruininh all my relationships etc.

I’m terrified he will get shared custody, I know he will take our children abroad but how do I prove this to a judge???

Any advice …? X

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Eask,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to read about your situation, it sounds like a very stressful and upsetting situation. Please note that sadly here on the forum we are not permitted to talk about any past, pending or current court cases which might make your post difficult for others to answer. Please have a look at the Forum Guidelines if you need any further clarification.

Please try to find a safe time to phone the helpline, they can offer you lots of advice and support and help to signpost you to organisations that can help you. Rights of Women have a good website http://www.row.org.uk and you may find this link helpful http://rightsofwomen.org.uk/get-information/family-law/children-law-relocation-holidays-abduction/ Your local Women’s Aid group will also be able to help you and you can find them on the Women’s Aid helpline.

Please phone the helpline and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content