Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

I’ve just been talking to a charity about my finances and it’s exhausting. Especially as work is not getting any better. I didn’t get the other job I went for, it wasn’t suitable really, just me clutching at straws. This woman I’m working for is so negative. She only complains and I so need to be positive. It’s almost like a compulsion with me. I need at least some little highlights in my day. She doesn’t seem to need any. She has money, a lot, as far as I can tell, a very nice house, but obviously that’s not enough. It’s like Serenity said, it’s power she wants. And she is definitely robbing me of mine. Horrible, horrible person.

I’m so weary. Going to go and get something to eat now and finally spend some time with my daughter. Feel like such a c**p mum/person.

Just needed somewhere to get the negative out, so sorry.

Eve
      x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Eve

Hugs xx

Your a great Mum/person that’s had awful things happen to her, you have had the strength to stand up and get away from an abusive relationship.

But its so hard when your surrounded by negativity to stay positive.

Spend a little time pampering yourself.

I have spent the evening this week revamping my CV and covering letter, its been a while since I last applied for a job and things have changed.

I know your a very busy person but is there any voluntary work you could do to give you new skills? Either way it looks good on your CV. Also though you didn’t eat the job you did get the interview which says that you must have shown promise.

Good luck xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content