Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Hereforhelp
      Participant

I truly am utterly exhausted and I cannot keep to the pace I set myself.. I just can’t… homelessness is looming in a totally uncontrolled way which has filled my body with anxiety… I needed a place to.scream..

nbumblebee
      Participant

Yep knackered here too.
      Not sure i understand whats going on from your post sweetie but here to listen if you need an ear to scream in.
      You got this you really have I believe in you xxxx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

This is awful to hear. So sorry this is happening. Give yourself time and space, and moments for screaming.

This has to be extremely unsettling for you. Do you have contacts with agencies that can help you understand the process and be as in control of it as you can. If you have a support worker I am sure they would have contacts for you, and some of their own knowledge.

Hugs for your fears, and when you feel ready, reach out, including organisations like Shelter (prepare that it may take some time to get through).

You have such strength, but for now you have been knocked sideways, you will regather yourself and once you know the process you can feel a bit more in control.

warmest wishes

ts

Watersprite
      Participant

Hello H4H so sorry to hear this and after everything you have been through. Your responses have always been so kind to me I want to give you a hug and rage at the injustice of this all. Have you been to the CAB? Shelter as TS says local council? Exhaustion also not sustainable long term and doesn’t help plan the next steps. Please look after yourself – there will be a way through there always is you know that as a true survivor but so very very hard And scream away on here too xx

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Ts, nbumblebee and watersprite, these kind, thoughtful responses warmed my heart this morning and felt like a hug ❤️

I seem to be in a grey area re home, I have support however we are physically and mentally not able to move anywhere right now or within the next 6 months, I can’t open a fire door due to my break, my (detail removed by Moderator) has a long term health condition, my (detail removed by Moderator) is partially sighted and other physical conditions due to (detail removed by Moderator)… my support workers are trying… under special circumstances… however I am a realist, nothing is happening and we have x amount of time left here.
      One good thing to come out of this is my (detail removed by Moderator) (and most influenced by his dad) has finally blocked his dad… long time coming and final phone link stopped..

I also feel it is unfair that we are expected to go anywhere in this county or further… I am not running from him! I am furious there’s zero accountability from my ex… how he has kept his financial control to the bitter end… and that’s exactly what he told me he would do, that we would have nothing… how can a father, a human being be so incredibly nasty and revengeful to not only me (and I am doing a great job with my children as I am enjoying them now he isn’t in our lives) but also to his children… it turns my stomach..

I think I need to get hold of my WA support worker as I have kept a lot in (it overlaps with grieving for my mum, starting to settle a little now) and when I come on here I am letting it out unexpectedly… I also know the change coming up is massively impacting me (ASD)
      Big hugs back
      I will update when I have an update ❤️ HFH

Twisted Sister
        Participant

Oh hell, I so hear your pain. You deserved none of this and life has been so very cruel to you, I am so sorry. Its good you can come here to scream and vent all you need. I hope that this horrible shock and rush of emotions will calm leaving you able to see a bit clearer, as I know you are such a capable and strong woman and its great to hear how much happier your dynamic is with the children now he has left their lives.

He, however, still holds a liability to support you, ask your solicitor about a schedule I to be provided a home for you and your children, even if it isn’t the family home.

Your anger is just, and needing an escape valve, so come and do that whenever you need. Many many hugs love, give yourself the time to regroup, and take real good care of you.

warmest wishes

ts

Footballfan1
      Participant

Hi Hereforhelp,

You are going about it the right way.
      The lack of control and thought of the unknown is what causes the most anxiety.
      Can you send the support worker a copied and pasted message of your posts on here?

Sometimes I realise I’ve offloaded on here, and I can’t put it into words again so I just copy what I had written and email or text it to my IDVA .
      She always responds with lovely thoughtful messages back.
      I think the support workers understand the mental and emotional issues we have to overcome.
      For you, you have the home situation looming over you, plus yours and your children’s health difficulties and the added grief for your mother.
      I can’t even begin to understand this turmoil you endure.
      It is great news about your son stopping contact with his dad.
      That is a definite step forward xx

nbumblebee
      Participant

One thing i got from this sweetie your comment “im doing a great job with my children as im enjoying them” this i loved to hear. Like i said b4 I believe in you I really do your strength your courage is inspiring and i know you cant see it yet but I do.
      Its so sad that youve been treated like this sometimes i fear that the support you need when you leave just isnt there and thats so sad after youve been so brave to leave.
      Keep off loading on here as many times as you need.
      Wishing you lots of luck sending hugs your way x

iliketea
      Participant

sending love, the constant fight is exhausting. Keep going. It’ll happen. xx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content