Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      backtome
      Participant

I’m sure many of you feel the same way, but I am just SO exhausted. I’m working full time and have my little girl as well. I go to bed when she does because I’m so tired but I never sleep a full night and I just cannot function properly. I’m not getting any work done at work and I’ve got constant butterflies in my stomach. I wake up any time between 1 and 4am and then cannot get back to sleep, it’s like me head is racing from one thing to another.

I don’t know how much longer I can keep going, my little girl is demanding and obviously been going through a lot herself with starting school and having her daddy disappear suddenly (because I made him leave).

No real point to this, I’m just ranting because I’m tired. x

Janedoeissad
      Participant

Big hugs backtome. You are doing so well. Maybe you could book some leave from work and catch up with sleep and other things?

Sounds like at the moment being all things to all men is too much. Please take good care of yourself.

X

Lightness
      Participant

Hi backtome

I don’t have the answers but want to show some support and tell you I feel the same.
      Things I have done:
      -went to my GP and got blood tests
      -sought professional help for anxiety
      -cut out all non essential activities but added in stuff I love to do/self care
      -take leave frequently to rest
      -drink lots of water and try to eat well
      -think positively and know that this will pass in time – it is understandable to be exhausted after abuse
      -yoga
      -Care less about things that don’t matter (less time caring for the house and more time caring for me)

Lx

bunsandcakes
      Participant

I echo this post and the reply from lightness. Ive even taken to listening to the archers just to keep my mind away from panic. I am practicing mindfulness too via the headspace app, it helps a little. Time is the only thing that will make it all easier sadly. I wish I could give you a hug, I feel so the same as you. I have two young kids and am self employed and juggling (detail removed by Moderator) its a lot. We will get through this, we did the right thing. Of that I am sure.

backtome
      Participant

Thank you everyone. I have been to the doctor, he’s upped my medication dosage so hoping that will help with the sleep issues and in turn the tiredness.

My little girl is suffering too, she was awake most the night first saying she wasn’t tired any more then saying she wouldn’t go back to sleep in case she had bad dreams and then crying to see Daddy. I wish I could help her. x

Freetobethegreatest
      Participant

Im sorry I have no advice as sadly im still stuck with my abusive partner. How did u get him to leave? My partner will not leave. I only have two options to find my own place or go to a refuge. Both of these are nearly impossible i would pay him to leave but he wouldnt even go then

backtome
        Participant

Luckily for me it is my house so he had no stake on it. Like you though I couldn’t get him to leave willingly (I’d tried several times). I had to do it in an underhanded way by seeing a solicitor and them writing him a letter. I then waited until he was out of the house and instructed the solicitor to send the letter to him and changed the locks. What’s your house situation? is it a joint tenancy/mortgage? I would definitely call women’s aid and your local domestic abuse charity for some advice. Also, there’s Right of Women or a lot of solicitors do a free one hour initial session. Good Luck! x

Confused123
      Participant

hey hun

the tiredness is normal , it does wipe us out, if u need to rest, i would say rest, thats what your body is telling u, go to your gp as suggested and get blood test done, u may need extra vitamins to top up on, i find when im too exhausted just to sleep it off b4 u have a burn out and then slowly get into routine

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi backtome,

I agree with the others and will also add, I find I sleep better if I fit in even the smallest bit of exercise, like a walk around the block or 10 minutes of yoga on a mat at home. You could do it as part of your bed time routine to give your body a chance to wind down so that you’re not just lying there awake. I also find I sleep much better if I read in bed, even just for 2 minutes, it seems to help the brain relax as long as the book isn’t depressing or too taxing, cheerful fiction works best.

Hope you get some better sleep and feel a bit better, it sounds like you are doing a lot so definitely reward yourself for all your hard work.

cupofcoffee
      Participant

Hi hun, I just wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel, I am struggling to sleep too and am having anxiety and panic attacks, I think after we have been through trauma it is our bodies’ way of reacting.

I will follow the good advice on here and rest as much as I can, drink water and look after myself as much as I can, massages help! We all need some TLC after the trauma of leaving an abusive relationship.

Tonight I am going to go to bed as early as I possibly can with a hot drink, good film and a good book and try to relax and SLEEP!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content