Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hetty
      Participant

Since joining this forum in October I’ve started the process of my leaving plan.
      I’ve been to my local DA organisation and spoken with them twice, I’ve made a social housing application (which is taking ages to process), I’ve taken my important documents to a family member, I’ve taken photos of all our joint important documents and emailed them to myself, I’m journaling every day and watching talks etc, I’ve been streamlining my stuff (still more to do) and I made an application under Claire’s law. Is there anything else I could be doing? I’m trying to be careful with money which is hard this close to Christmas but I’ve turned down nights out (it would cause drama anyway). I really need to feel like I’m in control. It’s the only thing keeping me sane.

KIP.
      Participant

How would you feel about keeping a virtual picture board of colour schemes, fabric samples you like, wall paper samples, room decor, things you want to do in your new home and life. Evening class, gym, learn a new language. Old friends you want to connect with. Ideally you would go to the night out and start building a good support network for when you do break free. Look at it as an new and exciting chapter x practice mindfulness, watch your fitness, get prepared for the challenges ahead.

Hetty
      Participant

That sounds like a fab idea. Keeping a picture board would definitely help me start to process in my mind that I am actually leaving. Right now I’m in some surreal existence.
      I did think about the night out anyway but then it’s with old work colleagues and would involve alcohol that I just don’t feel like being around.
      The classes aren’t possible as I have a child I need to be home with. Unless I look for something we could do together… that’s an idea

KIP.
      Participant

Yep. Dont know what age your child is but google local groups. I used to get a book for us both to read then we could discuss it. Was Harry Patter back then and Such like. Get a scooter each and we went round the local park. Lots of happy atuff you want to make memories for you both. Good memories x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content