Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      maddog
      Participant

He saw them recently for the first time in months, breaking a court order and deciding that his elderly status meant he had to keep himself safe. He told the children that he’s living with his girlfriend but has been home every week to look at his car.

Since the lockdown this means that he’s made a completely unnecessary journey every week to look at his car. I am so shocked that he perceives his car as more important than either contacting or seeing his children.

KIP.
      Participant

Nothing these men do shocks me anymore. That entitled attitude is what will get him in trouble. Remember the rules of the rest of us don’t apply to him. He’s above us all. I’d be grateful the kids had a break from him and aren’t exposed to his dysfunctional behaviour

maddog
      Participant

I’ve told the children that I’ve noticed that since the lockdown they seem to be a bit calmer in themselves. I’ve also told them that we’re certainly not out of the woods yet and it would be better to contact their dad via Skype or messenger or whatever than to see him in person. They think along similar lines.

I’m not sure what to do. He has clearly been breaking the law, but to tell the police could end badly for me. He’s the expert in abuse. Not me.

Generally we’re getting on well but we had a massive row yesterday after the children came back from seeing their dad. They were treating me with contempt. I eventually managed to confiscate their phones. They got their phones back when we’d all apologised to each other. I hope one day they will understand just how toxic he is.

KIP.
      Participant

Well done you! I remember someone saying that you are 50% of what you surround yourself with. So if your around abuse and dysfunctional behaviour, it has to influence you. I gave the police me ex reg number as he was always drink driving. If you’re in a nice calm place then I’d just let karma deal with him x he would only tell the police some b******t anyway x

maddog
      Participant

You’re right, KIP. The police know him as a liar but even so. His girlfriend is honest. When I found them at the house in her car, it didn’t occur to me to take a photo of her numberplate. I was so shocked. Another breach of court. She has been good enough to confirm that they were at the house!

KIP.
      Participant

Another lamb to the slaughter ☹️ Just you keep yourself safe x

maddog
      Participant

She’s still being love bombed. I have warned her. Poor woman. She’s burned her bridges which is probably what I did. With this kind of abuse we are kept separate. She will believe what he says, not what he does. There’s no point in my telling her more. I was warned too. I feel bad about not listening. Have told step daughter that I believe her and that I believe in her. We don’t speak.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content