Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      PercyPooper
      Participant

I keep having this feeling when I am at home. It could be that I am just so overly sensitive to every little thing at the moment but for a while now I feel like I am being watched. My OH works away a lot and I feel like when we speak to him on the phone that he is almost in the room. Has anyone had any experience of this and does anyone have any advice? As usual I feel like I am the insane one for even thinking up such nonsense but it niggles away in the back of my mind.

KIP.
      Participant

Always trust your gut. Yes, I became quite paranoid, especially when I was making arrangements to leave. However it’s not beyond these men to have hidden cameras or to have downloaded tracking/listening devices. Leave something obvious out in the room while he’s not there that he would question you about. A cheap lacy thong? Something he couldn’t resist pulling you up about. Also, give your house a good ‘clean’ and see if you find anything suspicious x check your iPad, laptop, phone etc for any apps that look suspicious or you don’t recognise. Have a look on line to see the sort of software, or spyware you’re looking for x

PercyPooper
        Participant

Thank you so much KIP I really do feel paranoid and not just about that. He goes away to work and will just turn up home and I know that sounds silly because this is his home and why shouldn’t he just be able to come home but its they way he does it and he will just walk in and scare the c**p out of me!, I just always feel on edge and I am not even doing anything wrong! Or if me and my son are out he will just appear?? It just really freaks me out. Thanks for the advice I did have a little look online at what sort of things are available like cameras etc, I just feel completely insane and you hit the nail on the head when you said “paranoid”.

fizzylem
      Participant

Creepy PP, sounds horrible. Keep your wits about you; yes try and trip him up. It’s not outside of the realms of possibility in this day and age, you can get set up for about £30 I think with a camera and an app. I would assume he likely is until you discover he is not if it were me and I was feeling like you, but I can see this does have the potential to mess with your head.

Is he tracking your phone then if he just turns up unnanounced while your out? How does he know where you will be?

I think if you are feeling this unsafe in the relationship flower it’s time to leave x

positivelyempath
      Participant

Omg I can completely relate to this, could have been written by me… I thought I was going mad too. Then I found a spy cam tracker in his coat pocket! I still feel like I’m under surveillance and not comfortable … anyone making you feel like this even if they didn’t have a camera on you, is just not worth it… sending love and be safe x*x

KIP.
      Participant

Their behaviour can make us feel anxious and paranoid. Even when doing nothing wrong, chances are you’ve been abused. So it’s easy to understand why we would feel on edge. Walking on eggshells even when he’s not there x

Cecile
      Participant

Aree with all of the above but especially go with your gut feeling.You are probably right.

PercyPooper
      Participant

Funnily enough, my child came home and as soon as he walked through the door my phone rang and he wanted to talk to him???

Cecile
      Participant

Yes have a think about it, using all the advice above.

PercyPooper
      Participant

Thanks everyone for your support xx

KIP.
      Participant

Keep a journal of all this. See if there’s a pattern. Check the kids devices too for tracking. My sister recently bought three tracking devices for her dogs collar. Cheap but so easy to use online. Easily hidden.

Cecile
      Participant

Have you got an Alexa or similar device? Or fire tv?

PercyPooper
      Participant

Yes I have a fire TV and tablet with alexa. It could of been a coincidence but my child literally walked in and phone rang and then I think back 🤔. But how could that be possible with Alexa?

Cecile
      Participant

Could he hack your wifi? Or listen in through a paired device to your Alexa? I use them around the house, its easy to do.BUT I am not tech knowledgeable in any way. 🙂

Cecile
      Participant

Keep the red button pressed on the Alex to stop eavesdropping. perhaps turn off your broadband for 24 hours to see if it makes a difference?

PercyPooper
      Participant

Just had a moment that has stopped me in my tracks. I am even more convinced I’m being watched or listened to because there is no way at all that my OH could of known about something without being with me, and yet he seemed to know every detail.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Percy, this must be so unsettling for you. If you take a look here you can find out more about digital abuse.

I hope you will find this helpful.

Best wishes

Lisa

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content