Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Pinkypanther
      Participant

My local woman’s centre have put me on the waiting list for the eyes wide open course….
      Has anyone done this? Is it as beneficial as it sounds?
      They have also refered me to their domestic abuse team for counseling etc and I should here from them in a few days or so to get it all set up.
      I’m been feeling loads better and stronger since joining this forum I’m hoping doing these extra things will also help alot as well xx

KIP.
      Participant

I haven’t but a the Freedom Programme is a good course. Living with the Dominator is the book that goes with it. You could take a look at that but I’m sure anything that educates you on abuse will be a bonus. Good for your confidence to get out and try it x

Pinkypanther
        Participant

Thanks
        From what the lady told me it’s about noticing the signs of abuse before it starts and different tactics the abuser uses also things to help self esteem and confidence xx

Lottieblue
      Participant

This sounds as if this particular group has combined two courses into one – the Freedom Programme and a recovery programme – and called it Eyes Wide Open. The group I joined ran the Freedom Programme, followed by what they called the Toolkit for Life – which you could only join after completing the Freedom Programme. From what I can make out this was based on a book about recovery, excerpts from which my WA worker has shown me.

I would go for it. Sounds perfect. X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content