Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Iwantmeback
      Participant

I no longer tolerate any form of rudeness or bad behaviour. I’ve just deleted and blocked 2 people who I’ve known for over a decade. At first I was agitated and tummy churning, then I was annoyed, now I’m just peed off at them. I just think back to how id have swept their behaviour under the carpet and make excuses for why they were like that. No more and it feels very liberating.
      💪💞💞

KIP.
      Participant

I agree. Our eyes are truly opened when we confront the abuse we have suffered and I can see so many traits in others now. I won’t tolerate that behaviour from anyone. My own sister thinks I should ignore my mothers abusive and controlling behaviour because she’s ‘an old lady’. No, not all old ladies are abusive. I’ve recently started a beginners course in psychology and we need to have an even balance of givers and takers around us or we burn out. When we are constantly with takers, it drains us x

diymum@1
      Participant

im the same dont take any c**p these days! ive recently taken a stand at work too and said i dont appreciate the goal posts being changed and then getting a row! it feels good to take a stand xx very empowering

well done to you both x*x love diymum

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content