Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ellen b
      Participant

I feel that I’m falling apart life was going along quite nicely I’d Met someone new who understands I was moving forward.. on the run up to Christmas always a horrible time for me the flash backs started he understood the trigger and we got thro it but now I seem to be getting worse day on day I’m breaking his heart I’m comparing him to my ex anything he does similar freaks me out I trust him with my life and know he’d never hurt me but how to explain it’s like a reflex by the time iv thought my body has already reacted like he is my ex he is walking on egg shells trying not to act as a trigger to me why is this all suddenly happening I’m remembering things he did I’d forgotten about I’m in the final stages of my divorce and will be leaving my family home is this the trigger that has taken the lid off everything I thought I’d delt with iv hopefully got some counciling sorted but don’t know if I can cope or if my partner can cope is there some help for him something that can help him understand what’s happening to me
      Xx

Starmoon
      Participant

If he is being supportive and understand and not making you feel bad for your feelings or reactions to things then it sounds like you’ve got a good one.
      Try to stop beating yourself up over it all. Allow yourself to feel your primary feelings.. Stress, fear, upset what ever it may be. Don’t let your feelings become secondary- that’s where guilt anger and anxiety step in. I hope that makes sense to you.
      I don’t know your story but I know we’ve all been threw so much and moving on is a huge hurdle. We should not feel bad for how we feel now because given what we have all been threw- it’s natural.
      Maybe you have a little ptsd? Counciling will help. Have a look at getting in contact with ‘mind’ organization. They also offer counseling. It’s £10 a session for people who work and 5 for those who don’t. But unlike the counseling offered threw the nhs- once you have gotten a counselor, you can see him or her for as long as you wish so real ground work to healing can actually be made. X*x

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

Sorry to hear what u going through,i would recommend cousnellign through changing minds , discuss with her how u feel may be she can guide u, all i can think is tell himt o bare with u and u r trying to get help how to overcome this and that victims do have triggers that unsettle us

Ellen b
      Participant

Thanks but I think it’s too late he can’t cope I did ring the help line and have sorted some counciling the freedom program is booked out till April it has got so bad in such a short time I tried to cope how I always have bottle it up put on a brave face and carry on but that bottle has blown up in my face I have hurt the man I love with all of my heart if only I’d asked for help sooner my life is such a mess

Moon
      Participant

Ahh Hun all is not lost – maybe it was a good thing to all come out and you finally get the help and support that you need and deserve.
      I really hope your lovely man sticks by you x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content