Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

So I just opened up here about my childhood neglect. It wasn’t intentional I don’t think? looking back. well I hope not! Now I’m recalling all the familial abuse that’s affected me that I feel stems from that closest family member influence on remaining close family members. I can’t change any of it! And it hurts! Not being lived by family is something else!

calendula
      Participant

Extremely painful isn’t it? I realise now that my abusive childhood is what has led to me putting up with the treatment i have and also think in the past i was an abusive person myself… the only real good relationship i had with a man who was kind and loving and good and wanted to make me happy….this felt so unnatural and uncomfortable to me….my family made sure we didn’t marry…they (detail removed by Moderator)….only thing that ever felt ‘normal’ to me was being hit, told what to do, told i was never good enough, constantly criticised, bullied…the drama, dispair, fear, crying and feeling of abandonment was what felt like home to me….tragic isn’t it

Hazydayz
      Participant

Oh Calendula, it’s so sad to read what you wrote. I’m so sorry for what you went through, what you have lost. Lost love. Yes, it is traggic. And I think it does affect us in our choices as adults, I too seem to attract bad relationships like a magnet.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content