Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

Now, that I got divorced for unreasonable behavior, what message does this send out to me and everyone else?

I was wrong for calling the police when he attempted to kill me.
      I was wrong for calling the police when he beat me in a public place.
      I was wrong for standing up to abuse.
      I was wrong for not being a submissive wife who smiled despite the beatings.
      I was wrong for complaining for having been raped.

According to the Family Court I should have:

opened my legs any time he demanded it, even when I was exhausted from my hard work,
      let him (detail removed by Moderator).. my bum until it perforated,
      let him (detail removed by Moderator).. my mouth until the jaw bones broke,
      always kept a lovely smile on my face,
      apologized constantly for things I did not know,
      apologized after he beat me for … I do not know,
      kept quiet and never made a fuss about what he did.

Thank you Family Court for this enlightenment.
      In the Stone Ages I would have gotten more justice.
      Resistance! Resistance! Resistance!

godschild
      Participant

How on earth did he divorce yo for unreasonable behavior , did yo not contest it, or was is safe and easier to agree withit xx

Ayanna
      Participant

There are only 5 reasons for a divorce and the judges refused to revert it back to him. The family court is such a (detail removed by Moderator).
      I was treated badly there and he was treated nicely. I could clearly see that they supported him. Only at the very last hearing I got a little bit respect from the judge, but only a little bit. She too listened to all his b..s.. and nodded to it. I looked better then because I began to look after myself again. Maybe that was a reason why she gave me this tiny bit of respect.
      But she divorced me for unreasonable behavior. Although I had presented them with all the court cases and his conviction and his life long non molestation order.
      I also had to pay him.
      That divorce was such abuse, they colluded with him and fell for his manipulations. They supported him abusing me.
      I was never allowed to say anything.
      It was unfair from the start. Male centred, abusive, violence and abuse promoting, supporting abuse on every level.
      It was an encouragement for him to continue abusing women.

godschild
      Participant

That is so awful what a sham x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content