Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragonfly
      Participant

He’s supposed to take our son every other weekend but hasn’t (detail removed by Moderator). Long story short. He’s decided my son isn’t allowed out with his friends when he’s at his so my son decided he was staying at home. He agreed this with my son. The last (detail removed by Moderator) weeks ex was pounding on my door and shouting through the letterbox. I ignored him, I also had a friend in and my son.

Then he called my son. My son gave his phone to me. He then proceeded to rant before I’d even said hello. I interrupted him and said if you want to speak to me do so via a solicitor unless it’s an emergency about our son and hung up.

When he’d been pounding the door the previous week I wasn’t scared but did feel intimidated that’s why I ignored it.

I’ve now had communication via solicitor that I’ve to organise mediation!!! I’m not stopping the contract, he is. He’s ignored our son’s calls and texts for (detail removed by Moderator) weeks.

What is mediation? Does my son have to go? In fact do I have to go? I never want to set eyes on the man again let alone speak to him. His lies and accusations are getting worse each week.

KIP.
      Participant

Ring the helpline. I can write almost anything in a solicitors letter so don’t panic. It really is worth documenting the abuse and getting a non molestation order. This will be good evidence that mediation is not appropriate. These men are like angry toddlers. The more you ignore them, the bigger the tantrum. Eventually I needed police. Please don’t be afraid to involve them. I wish I’d done it much sooner. You have the right to live in peace without fear x

Dragonfly
      Participant

My son’s being such a teenager at the moment so I get why the father is angry but I will absolutely not put up with him pushing his control. He has none you see so he’s being an idiot. I’ve spoken with my solicitor today and he’s politely told him to behave. So for all I’m waiting for the backlash I understand he has no right to do what he’s doing. Anymore and I will certainly take it further

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, well done x taking back control. Hang in there….

Ayanna
      Participant

As soon as abuse is involved you cannot be forced into mediation.
      You need to make this clear to his solicitor.
      I had this problem and the mediator harassed me on the phone.
      I gave them a few ear-fulls and they could not stand my fight talk.
      They gave up.

Dragonfly
      Participant

Thanks. I called my solicitor and explained. He’s emailing his solicitor saying mediation is not required and he should just go back to the original arrangements and take our son every other weekend. Thank god

Confused123
      Participant

well done hun, excellent outcome and if he starts banging your doors again get a non mol issued , the only contact he can make with u is regarding children, this non mol really keeps them in palce

Dragonfly
      Participant

Thanks 😊

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content