Participant

How do you get past the fear

Only time I go out is with family

And if I do go out it’s just to the local shop which is near to me

I want to live a normal life.
      But Iam so scared he’s stalking me

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

It took me a while, about 4-5 weeks, for the major, body-trembling fear to calm down. I just kept sight of the fact that I was alive and refused to let him ruin my life. Obviously it helped that he stopped trying to contact me after I reported him to the police. So I pretty much knew that had put him off so felt safer. But even before that I thought ‘no’ and faced the fear a little each day.

Now I more or less go anywhere I want, apart from his part of the city, places I know he frequents and anywhere where there might be dodgy guys around. I am much more cautious and aware now, always lock windows and doors, always listening for sounds. Cautious, aware but not sat at home trembling like I was. I am luckier than some though in that I am no longer being harassed, and I am pretty sure I am not being stalked (I really hope not anyway) it is different if you are actively being stalked and harassed, then you need police involvement and other techniques like not going anywhere alone etc.

I also wiped my phone, did loads of virus and spyware checks on my phone and computer and changed passwords in case he tried to do anything that way.

Are you actively being harassed/stalked by him now?

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi
      No I’ve been no contact for well over a year ..
      It’s just the thought of going out and he trys to find me ..

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content